In the early 1970s, a group of Southern Baptists in Green Valley began to pray that God would plant a church in their community. With the arrival of Pastor Jack and Tomi Miller, the dream became a reality. On February 27, 1977, the Green Valley Baptist Church was constituted, with 137 charter members. The current location of 8.9 acres at 1111 North La Canada was located and purchased. The first unit was the worship center/classroom building. Continued growth caused the need for more space. This expansion included the Fellowship Hall/classroom and music suite. The final phase of construction was the office/classroom complex dedicated in 1999. Following Pastor Miller’s retirement, the church called Glenn and Jo Lawson in January, 1983. Pastor Glenn served fifteen years until his retirement. In June, 1999, the church called John Elder as pastor, and in January, his wife, Cheryl, became Minister of Music. In 2007, Pastor Elder accepted the position of president of the Arizona Baptist Children’s Services in Phoenix. Steve Zahare, along with his wife Terry, became pastor in January, 2008. Following the departure of Pastor Steve in June, 2011, John Guillott is now serving as our Pastor. Throughout the history of Green Valley Baptist Church, God has brought a stream of saints who have served him through this congregation. A strong missions emphasis, Bible-based programming, choir-led worship, and a warm atmosphere have caused this fellowship to flourish.